Search World On A String Designs

Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Quick March Sock Update

We are coming up on the middle of March, and I have an update on my Solo Sock Club. I am working on the Laxo Socks, which are a toe-up pattern, and I am working them two at a time. While this does give me the opportunity to use up every last bit of color in this gradient-dyed sock yarn, I must confess that two-at-a-time socks seem to take FOREVER for me. On the bright side, when you are done with one, you are done with both, but....it feels like a slog to me.

Here is where I stand with March's project:
Two-at-a-time toe-up socks knit in a gradient-dyed sock yarn
Generally, I consider when the heel is turned on a sock that I am about halfway through. These ones may not be quite so far along, as I usually do have a significant amount of yarn leftover when my socks are finished, but in this case, I will continue knitting in pattern until I run out of yarn. I also tried them on at one point and didn't think there was enough length for my toes to be comfortable, so I ripped it back to the gusset increases and added about another 3/4 inch in length. Overall, I feel just about on target with these. I am ~about~ halfway done with the socks and also ~about~ halfway through the month of March. I'll continue to try to get about 30 mintues a day in on sock knitting before moving on to other projects. I am loving the way the gradient is working up on these. Next up is starting the mock cable portion of the pattern, and that's when the pattern really starts to shine. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment