Search World On A String Designs

Monday, March 4, 2024

February Solo Sock Club

It turns out February kept me quite busy at my day job. Since only about 2 people read this blog, day job won out over blog posts. I did, however, finish my February socks a while back. The yarn I pulled for February was a self-striping yarn in an American flag pattern.
A  pair of hand knit socks in an American flag striped pattern
The yarn is from Artistic Yarn by Abi. Truth be told, this one has been in stash for a loooooooong time. I don't think she sells this pattern any longer; she may have changed her business name since I bought this yarn. That's one of the features of the Solo Sock Club, though - I get to use up amazing yarns that have been languishing in storage so long that I forgot I even owned them. Because this is a self-striping yarn, I opted for a vanilla pattern to let the colors shine on this pair. I am very pleased that this yarn was pulled early in the year...recall that I didn't label the bags and I'm choosing them at random. I'm glad I will have the flag socks ready to go for Memorial Day and the 4th of July. I mean, I won't hesitate to wear them any time of year, but it's nice to have themed socks available when a holiday rolls around. Stay tuned to see the March sock club yarn and pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment