Search World On A String Designs

Friday, March 8, 2024

Fuchsia Fairy

When you're known as being the auntie who MAKES THINGS, well, sometimes you get asked to make things. My niece is starting a fairy garden, and her mom reached out to ask if I would make this fairy for Piper for Christmas.
A crocheted flower fairy
The answer was no. There was *no way* I could order the yarn, get the wires for shaping and the little eyes early enough to have time to complete the project before Christmas. But....Piper's birthday was in February. I did have time to make one before then, and the best part was that nobody would be expecting it for her birthday. So I stealthily crocheted the fairy, and I bet everyone was REAL surprised, because....well, it was late. I'm sure they thought I forgot her birthday. They live about 1600 miles away, so I had to mail the package, and it arrived a few days after the big day. It was a big hit, though.
A crocheted fairy, sitting on a tree branch
This is by far the tiniest thing I've ever crocheted. I was worried it might not turn out well, but I think it did. So does my niece, which is the part that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment