Search World On A String Designs

Thursday, June 6, 2024

May Solo Sock Club Reveal

Ah, I finally got to knit my Hedwig socks. This one was a vanilla sock pattern, as I didn't want it to look too busy with the speckles. Let's be honest, shall we? These gray and golden brown speckles deserve all the glory.

Hand-knit socks with a speckle pattern

The Lilt sock yarn base from Black Trillium Fibre Studio was an absolute delight to knit. The 85% superwash merino and 15% mulberry silk not only was pleasant to handle, but it also resulted in gorgeous stitches.

Close up of stitches on a hand-knit sock


For a yarn dyed with neutral colors in a speckle pattern, I have to say that I think this dye job is impressive. There's a depth to the finished yarn that I find enchanting. If you're also smitten with it, you're in luck - both the base and the colorway are available from Black Trillium Fibre Studio. You can find it here.

Behold my finished socks!

A pair of hand-knit socks with a speckled dye pattern


Leave a comment if you would like me to share my vanilla sock pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment